Saturday, September 29, 2012

Moments | A Trip To Soled Shoes!










A week ago I came across a shoe store called SOLED not too far from where we live that was carrying VIVOBAREFOOT shoes. When we were living in Europe I saw them around and always wanted to try them, and eventually I bought a pair and loved them. Since then I had seen they were making shoes for kids as well and I was happy to finally see a shop that was carrying them here in Australia, and even better quite close to us! The VIVOBAREFOOT shoes are very light and have a thin sole that makes you feel the ground under your feet easily.

In 2003, VIVOBAREFOOT became a pioneer of the barefoot movement by launching the first minimalist shoe with a patented, ultra thin puncture resistant sole that offered maximum sensory feedback and maximum protection. This was driven by the knowledge that 70% of your brain’s information for movement comes from the nerves on the soles of your feet. The more you can feel the ground, the greater your body’s understanding of its surroundings and natural movement. Check out a great little video especially on kids and the benefits of Barefoot shoes.

Well today we decided to go and check out the SOLED shop and see if we could find a couple of shoes that would fit M & D. First off I have to say I love the whole concept of the shop. The interior of the shop is made from recycled furniture and cardboard and sets such a nice tone especially since they sell shoes which cares considerable about the environment. The staff was so lovely and I got to meet the owners Gary and Suey Cooper and their two kids. We quickly got to measure the kids feet and get the trying of the shoes on. Normally this would be an event most mums would dread, but thanks to some clever thinking and a handy popcorn machine the trying out shoes was a bliss, kids happily munching on popcorn while a bunch of shoes were tried on. There were so many nice shoes to choose between, but we finally settled on the Pally model for M and the Ra Kids model for D.

I love shoes you can put on your kids and they seem to fit right away. No worries on having to walk them in or bringing band-aids for soar heels. The kids took their new shoes and tried them out in a nearby playground. Both M&D was happy and called them fast shoes since they seem to be easy to take off in! Since I own a pair of these shoes myself I know just how comfortable they are so I am sure they will have great use of these shoes, both in school and on the playgrounds.

Check out the full range of VIVOBAREFOOT shoes over at SOLED shoes or find your stockist close to your country right here. If you are living in Australia and want to keep up with the latest offers and news over at SOLED check out their facebook page.

4 comments:

  1. We absolutely love barefoot shoes, I got a pair for myself and a pair for my boy and he loves them. He also say they are great for running fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly - they are truly good shoes! I have a feeling we will enjoy these ones for a while to come, glad you have found them too.

      Delete
  2. My girls choose their vivios over every shoe in their wardrobe (trust me, they have lots to choose from). Kids know best what is comfortable for them to wear. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you are right :) Ours have already been used a lot! The extra money you spend is well worth in comfort!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, leave a word or two if you got something on your mind or a great link to share :)

// --> v