Thursday, June 6, 2013

Artists + Kids = BIG Kids magazine


I have said it before and I am going to say it again. Go out and buy a copy of BIG Kids magazine. Proudly made here in Australia, BIG Kids magazine is a magazine that support art and curiosity in a big way. I love that there is such a magazine here, where artists both adults and kids can enjoy. This issue, Into The Dark is a beautiful exploration of our fascination for the dark and what happens in it. It is packed with collaborations between kids and adults and a few really interesting projects and interviews.

My own girl contributed to this issue and above you can see some of her creatures of the dark. She is featured along side talented artist Andy J Miller, in a piece called GROW & GROWING. Here is her little interview about creating.

WHY DO YOU DRAW?
I draw because it makes me happy.

DESCRIBE WHAT YOU FEEL WHEN YOU MAKE NEW WORK
I feel excited and curious how it will look like in the end.

WHAT CAN YOU SEE IN THE DARK?
I see shadows, stars and sometimes a big moon. 

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?
Monsters and spiders, especially together. Well I am not really scared of monsters and I have held a spider but they can still be scary.

WHERE DOES YOUR IDEAS COME FROM?
From all over the place. Sometimes from movies and from good times with friends. 

WHAT DOES YOUR BRAIN LOOK LIKE WHEN YOU ARE DRAWING OR INVENTING NEW CHARACTERS?
It is very busy thinking. Sometimes I don't know what to draw but it always ends up looking like something. I guess my brain knows what it is doing.

WHAT WILL YOU GROW UP TO BE?
A girl who likes to draw.

She also had to answer what she thought Bravery, Imagination, Generosity (BIG) was.

Bravery is when you are scared but do something anyway.
Imagination is in my brain and in my dreams.
Generosity is giving somebody the last of what you have.

:: visit BIG KIDS MAGAZINE ::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, leave a word or two if you got something on your mind or a great link to share :)

// --> v